Did You Know… sometimes, the stress comes after the holidays? It’s true!
Have you ever noticed you’re often able to ‘hold it together’ through holiday gatherings, with seeming ease and grace – only to fall apart after the bustle of season, wondering why you’re so exhausted, depressed, need to lose a few pounds, and/or anxious?
The merry-go-round of holiday preparations and events can be draining, and anxiety-producing for anyone; but women (nurturers all) shoulder the brunt of the stress.
The good news: that post-holiday letdown/meltdown reaction is completely normal, and if you know what’s coming, you can prepare. Acknowledging that an upcoming situation, or series of events, will likely be stressful – and having a game plan for dealing with the stress – is an effective preemptive strategy. Get some holiday stress-management strategies…
Stress management around the holidays is so important to ensure you don’t overdo-it or overeat. Making time for self-care is key!
How to De-Stress
Here are some tips to help yourself make it through the holidays with joy and grace instead of insanity and exhaustion:
- Make time for exercise. This is especially important during the holidays when exercise can help you stay energized and health.
- Don’t skip opportunities to rest and sleep. It may seem like there’s no time to ‘not be doing something,’ but rest is essential to your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. Staying well-rested can make the difference between a nice family holiday dinner and having a meltdown over the turkey or ham (or latkes!).
- Spend time alone, away from the crowd. Take a few minutes to breathe and reflect daily. Meditate, read a good book… whatever helps you decompress in a healthy way.
- Treat yourself to one or more wellness services. Unwind, restore and recover — or prepare for big events, travel and social activity. We recommend the following for stress management and self-care:
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Emotion Code®
- Laser and Traditional Acupuncture
- Ionic Foot Detox
The holidays are upon us! Don’t wait until you’re completely depleted to take action. Take care of yourself throughout the season and greet the New Year happy and vibrant!
You can do it. We can help. Wellness is worth it.