Sugar is highly addictive and seriously damaging to your health.
Added or processed sugars should never be part of a healthy diet. And we understand that it’s hard to kick the sugar habit once and for all (or even for a while).
That’s where we come in. Here at Chesapeake Holistic Health, we can offer help and support to kick sugar to the curb. Below are a few of our favorite strategies to let go of sugar and keep it out of our lives and our bodies:
- Start the day with protein–and don’t stint on the healthy fats and veggies. Two scrambled eggs sautéed in coconut oil on a bed of steamed spinach is yummy. Add some guac for even more flavor and satisfaction.
- Keep the good fats coming. Make sure to include avocados, nuts, seeds, organic grass-fed butter, coconut and olive oils and egg yolks are all excellent sources.
- Don’t get too hungry. Extreme hunger leads to poor food choices. Stay ahead of hunger.
- Water, water everywhere–make sure you’re drinking lots–half your body weight in ounces per day.
- Plan, plan, plan… You know our favorite saying. A failure to plan is a plan to fail.
- Check labels and look for hidden sugars. Better yet, skip the labels and go for whole food choices–no labels means it’s a whole food!
Want to learn more? Call us and make an appointment with one of our nutritional educators. We have lots of tips and tricks to support you to get and stay on track.
You can do it. We can help. Wellness is worth it.
Yours in Health,